Young Adult Program
THE YOUNG ADULTS PROGRAM AT KLEAN, WEST HOLLYWOOD WAS CREATED FOR OUR UNDER 30 POPULATION TO ENSURE THAT THEY ARE LEARNING THE SKILLS NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL, SOBER MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY.
THE FOUR CORE ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAM ARE MENTAL HEALTH, EMOTIONAL HEALTH, PHYSICAL HEALTH AND LIFE SKILLS.
The client will work with a team including primary therapist, psychiatrist, YA peer advocate, and Health & Wellness director.
- Therapy- 1x a week, and as needed. This includes individual and family work.
- Psychiatry- 1x a week.
- DBT, dialectical behavioral therapy 3x’s a week.
- Mental Health Wellness Group- 1x a week with the director of health and wellness. Covers MH diagnosis, creating a medication regimen, and support for aftercare.
The client will develop their self-esteem and nurture their emotional health through activities aimed at helping them tap into areas of interest. Through the following ways:
- Volunteering- 1x a week.
- Sports- bi-weekly.
- Arts/Music- bi-weekly.
- Internship w/Klean- 1x a week.
Clients in the YA program will learn to be physically active. They’ll practice the following:
- Walking meditations.
- Walking instead of riding to their appointments.
- Gym 3x a week.
Life Skills, Scheduling, Community Assignments.
A huge barrier for a YA is the ability to be self-sufficient and reacclimatize back into society. At Klean, the YA will focus on the necessary steps of staying sober. This includes: learning how to be sober (through life skills), creating a schedule, and having a purpose.
- Clients will participate in life skills classes 3x’s a week.
- Clients will work on daily hour-by-hour schedules. Evidence-based programs include scheduling as a viable means of staying sober.
- Community Assignments- clients will be assigned specific jobs while they are in treatment. The clients will be encouraged in their roles to be advocates, leaders, and problem solvers.